AESOP (Automated Educational Substitute Operator) offers around-the-clock telephone and Internet access for all district professional and paraprofessional staff to report absences, regardless of whether a substitute is required. Each employee has an assigned ID and PIN. If you do not have this information, contact the Human Resources Office at 610-688-8100 ext. 6049.
- Report your absence date/s as far in advance as possible, but not less than one hour before the absence. The more lead time you provide, the better the chance of a substitute accepting the assignment. If you are unable to meet the deadline on the day of your absence, you must phone the principal to inform him/her of your absence. In this instance, the building secretary will override AESOP and record your absence. REMEMBER: AESOP defaults absence entries to the next school day so you will need to be careful when entering a same day absence.
- Specify whether a substitute is required.
- If you are assigned to multiple buildings, you will also need to specify the location/s where you will be absent. Itinerant employees who will be absent from multiple locations on the same day should hold the shift key while selecting the buildings. As you continue through the online absence reporting process you will be able to customize the reporting times for each location.
- If you will be absent for a full day but only need a substitute for half of the day, you may either enter two half-day absences, a half-day with a substitute required and a half-day with no substitute needed or ask the building secretary to enter the absence on your behalf, specifying a differing reporting time for the substitute.
- If you have developed a list of favorite substitutes, they will be the first contacted to fill the absence, unless there is a short lead time. If you have not established a list of favorite substitutes, or your absence has been entered with a short lead time, Aesop will post your absence for all available, qualified substitutes to see, as well as randomly contact all qualified and available district-approved substitutes to obtain coverage.
- When reporting your absence via the Internet, you will have the ability to leave messages for the substitute and/or building administrator, as well as upload files such as class lists and lesson plans.
- If you have prearranged with a substitute to cover your classes, you must work through the building secretary to have the absence entered and the substitute assigned. You cannot assign your own substitute. Itinerant employees who have made a prearrangement with a substitute should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance.
- If the actual date you are to be absent differs from the date you originally reported, update the information using Aesop. If you are returning to work earlier than you originally stated, be certain to update AESOP. As soon as you make these changes, AESOP will make every attempt to contact the assigned substitute and notify them of the change. Changes/cancelations should be reported as soon as they are known but must be reported in excess of one hour in advance.
Substitutes are employees of RTSD. Please do not contact Aesop for information on how to join Radnor's pool of substitutes. Applications are accepted periodically throughout the year when posted in the Employment Opportunities section.
AESOP (Automated Educational Substitute Operator) offers around-the-clock telephone and Internet access to help all substitute professionals, paraprofessionals and office workers locate jobs. Each substitute has an assigned ID and PIN. If you do not have this information, contact the Human Resources Office at 610-688-8100 ext. 6049.
- Unless you modify your call times, AESOP will call you to offer you jobs from 5:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and from 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. However, don't wait for AESOP to call you! You can view available jobs online and call AESOP for a listing of available jobs, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Unless you modify your preferred schools, AESOP will assume you are interested in accepting assignments for all district schools.
- Once you have accepted an assignment, you will not see other available jobs for that day. The exception would be if you accepted a half-day assignment. AESOP would then show you any available half-day assignments that would help you round out your day. Should you accept two half-day assignments in different buildings within the district, as a courtesy, please call the school you are assigned to for the afternoon to let them know you will be coming from another school and may be a few minutes late. Remember that you have not accepted a job until you receive a confirmation number.
- If you need to cancel an assignment, you must do so a minimum of 12 hours prior to the scheduled reporting time. In the event that you are not able to meet this deadline, you must contact the school directly to have your name removed from the assignment. If you cancel an assignment then change your mind, AESOP will not show you that assignment again, regardless of whether it is still unfilled.
- Any prearrangements made with an employee to cover their absences must be assigned to you in AESOP by the building secretary. Staff members are not able to assign their own substitutes.
- If there are days that you are unavailable to accept jobs, you can schedule a non-work day from your AESOP web page.
- If AESOP calls you and you already have an assignment for that day, please answer the phone and listen carefully. The assignment may have been changed or canceled. AESOP may also be calling you to offer you an upcoming assignment because you are on an employee's list of favorite substitutes.
- You may only update your phone number, email address and PIN in Aesop. Please use the Employee Access Center (EAC) to update all demographic information (address, phone, emergency contacts).