Phone: 610-788-9300 ext 2019
Degrees and Certifications:
Elementary Education K-12; Special Education K-12; Reading Specialist K-12 M.Ed.
Mr. Todd Serpico
Welcome To Mr. Serpico's "Team 19" Home Page
"Believe you can and you are halfway there." Teddy Roosevelt
5th Grade Teacher
What's Happening in Fifth Grade?
Reading Students will analyze themselves as readers, connect with other readers, and set goals to drive choices and growth over time.
- Readers monitor and repair their understanding when meaning breaks down. They make connections to texts they can read and enjoy as well as make connections to authors and other readers.
- Readers will be able to have meaningful conversations with peers around complex text. They compare texts of the same genre.
Writing Students will be building seeds for future writing assignments.
- Introduce students to the Student Reference Book
- Whole Numbers
- Whole Number Multiplication and Division
- Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Multiplying and dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Students will explore the tensions between the colonists and Great Briian and examine and discuss important documents of the time such as the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and the US Constitution.
Students participate in one of three units this trimester. Some students will investigate the laws of motion as they build vehicles out of K'nex pieces. In Floating and Sinking, students will learn about the concept of density as they explore why objects float. Students will also explore the world found beyond the naked eye in Microworlds. For the first semester all students will experience Floating and Sinking.
2:00 PM - 2:45 PM RES Building Tour for Prospective Parents
Specials Schedule 2017-2018
Day 1- Music
Day 2- Physical Education
Day 3- Library
Day 4- Art
Day 5- Wellness