Our Focus in Physical Education
As we move through a Physical Education lesson:
We are learning and practicing physical skills and movements. A huge part of that is self control: learning and practicing to control ourselves.
- The way we move (physical),
- The way we think (mental),
- The way we interact with others (social)
In other words, we are practicing controlling our muscles physically so that our bodies move the way we want them to; controlling our minds to focus on the task, learn rules, and develop strategies; and controlling our words and actions (even at the height of excitement).
We most often do:
- Proper warm up activities including heart exercises, muscle strength and endurance, coordination, balance, and stretching
- Skill focus
- Lead-up game or activity
- Cool down or closing activity
Please look for:
- High student participation
- Success for all students
- Positive peer interactions