Annual Health Screening
Pennsylvania state-mandated health screenings are conducted yearly in the fall by the district nurses. The results of these screenings are sent to parents and a recommendation for further evaluation is given when a problem is detected.
Near and Far Vision: All grades, every year
Color, Stereo Depth & Plus Lens Vision: Grade 1
Hearing: Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 7, 11
Scoliosis: Grades 6 & 7
Height & Weight: All grades, every year
Body Mass Index: All grades, every year
The Body Mass Index (BMI), developed by the Centers for Disease Control, is used as a screening tool to identify possible weight problems in children. The BMI is calculated from body weight adjusted for height, age and gender.
2021-22 Radnor Township School District Health Screenings will take place on the following dates:
- Radnor High School - September 8 and 9, 2021
- Radnor Middle School - September 27 and 29, 2021
- Ithan Elementary School - October 25 and 27, 2021
- Wayne Elementary School - November 8 and 10, 2021
- Radnor Elementary School - December 6 and December 8, 2021
Note: Please make sure students who currently wear glasses and/or contact lenses have them on the day of their vision screening.