UPDATE: The 2020 Tryout Registration Link is NOT up yet. For Varsity and JV tryouts, AND Freshmen tryouts (which are separate) can be found under the Registration section of this page. Please register prior to tryouts when it is posted at the end of the school year / June or July.2020 Preseason Tryout Dates and TENTATIVE TIMES for Varsity and JV (includes 9th Graders trying out for JV or Varsity): August 17th - 19th
Freshmen who are trying out for JV or Varsity need to attend tryouts from August 17th-19th. All Freshmen are excused to attend Freshmen Fundamentals. They should attend Freshmen Fundamentals, not the soccer morning session.Regular Freshmen tryout dates: September 9th-11th @ Library Field (baseball field off the King of Prussia Road Entrance)Click here to access the current game schedule - times/fields subject to change (for planning purposes: family events, college visits, etc.)Click HERE for Preseason Evaluations.Registration:Players will not be allowed to participate until they've registered and the following forms are properly completed and turned in. Players will be expected to makeup any sessions, including conditioning, if their forms are not properly completed and turned in on time.
- On Monday, August 17th, players will report to Prevost at 6:45am.
- On Tuesday and the subsequent morning sessions will be 7:00-9:00am @ Prevost Football Stadium.
- All afternoon sessions will be 4:00-6:00pm @ Encke
- Tryout Registration Link Form - TBD
- PIAA Physical Form (Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation), dated 6/1/2020 or later. CVS and other drugstores may offer walk-in physicals and will complete these forms, but brings the forms with you. CVS is currently offering $20 off sports physicals.
- Permission to Treat Form
Equipment and Attire: Players should....
Team Roster Decisions:Because of the large number of players trying out, cuts are unfortunately a reality. There is an expectation of performance for each player that coaches will consider such as a player's skill level, decision making abilities, quality of play, fitness level, and psycho-social attributes when making their decisions.
- wear a White or Gray t-shirt (any colored shorts and socks),
- bring cleats and sneakers/flats (conditioning, indoor training, etc.),
- wear shinguards
- bring a PUMPED-UP size 5 soccer ball.
- bring plenty of water/fluids and make sure to hydrate before, during, and after sessions.
- fields and times may change due to weather, so thank you in advance for your flexibility
Freshmen who do not make the JV/ Varsity Teams are encouraged to attend tryouts for the Freshmen Team. The Freshmen Team tryout dates are below:
- Cuts for the three teams will depend on the number of players trying out and will be at the discretion of the coaching staff.
- Cuts will depend on a player's quality of play and performance during tryouts: technically, tactically, physically, and psychologically.
- No player is guaranteed a spot on any team, even returning players. A roster spot must be earned each and every year.
- Players should come to tryouts with a solid first touch and ALREADY be "in-shape".
- Play with a strong work ethic, take risks with confidence, show a positive attitude towards your coaches, fellow players and yourself, and most importantly, have fun!
- Freshmen Tryout Dates: Wednesday, September 9th - Friday, September 11th
- Tryout Registration Link Form - TBD
- 3:30-5:00pm on Library Field (located by the King of Prussia Road school entrance/ the Varsity Baseball field ).
- See Coach Caruolo, Room 122, or Athletic Director, Mr. Friel, if you need help with directions to the field or have any questions.
- Tryout Registration Link Form - currently CLOSED and will open during the summer.