Phone: (610) 687-8480, ext. 4243
Degrees and Certifications:
Dual Degree in Early Childhood Education and Special Education Master's Degree in Education with a Certification as a Reading Specialist
Ms. Ashley Reese
I am the 4th and 5th grade Learning Support teacher at Wayne Elementary School. I work with students that have needs in the area of Reading, Writing, Math, and/or students that require assistance with their behaviors within the school setting.
Click here to visit the WES Learning Support Page for more information about the staff and programs!Parent Resource Books:
Books to Read to your Child(ren) regarding learning differences:
- Hall, Susan.L. & Moats, Louisa C. (1999). Straight Talk About Reading: How Parents Can Make a Difference in the Early Years. Contemporary Books, Chicago, IL.
- Moats, Louisa C. & Dakin, Karen. (2008). Basic facts about Dyslexia and other Reading Problems. Baltimore, MD: International Dyslexia Association.
- Tridas, Eric Q., ABC to ADHD. What Every Parent Should Know About Dyslexia. Baltimore, MD: International Dyslexia Association.
- Berch, Daniel B. & Mazzocco, Michelle M.M (2007). Why Is Math So Hard for Some Children? The Nature and Origins of Mathematical Learning Difficulties and Disabilities. Paul Brookes Publishing Co., Baltimore, MD.
- Dawson, Peg & Guare, Richard (2009). Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential. The Guildford Press, NY, NY
- Shaywitz, Sally (2003). Overcoming Dyslexia, A New and Complete Science-Based Program for Reading Problems at Any Level, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, NY.
- Elementary: Winkler, Henry, The Hank Zipzer Series- 14 book series based on the life of Henry Winkler
- Pollaco, Patricia. (1998) Thank you, Mr. Falker. Penguin Putnam Books for Young Readers, NY, NY
- Gantos, Jack.(1998) Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key. Harper Collins Children's Books, NY, NY
- Robb, Diane Burton.(2004) The Alphabet Story: A Story About Dyslexia. Albert Whitman Company, Morton Grove, IL
- Malchow, Hal and Malchow, Alex(2011) The Sword of Darrow. BenBella Books, Inc. Dallas, TX
- Nadeau, Kathleen and Dixon, Ellen (2005). Learning to Slow Down and Pay Attention: A book for kids about ADHD. Magination Press, Washington DC, American Psychological Association
- Zaslavsky, Claudia (2001) Number Sense and Nonsense: Building math creativity and confidence through number play. Chicago Review Press, Chicago, Il.
- Fischer, Gary & Cummings Rhoda Woods (1990) The School Survival Guide for Kids with LD
- Frostig Center (with Foreword by Rick Lavoie) (2009) The Six Success Factors for Children with Learning Disabilities. John Wiley & Sons, San Francisco, CA
August 26, 2020
August 27, 2020
August 31, 2020
September 1, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 3, 2020
September 4, 2020
September 7, 2020
September 8, 2020
September 28, 2020