Sign up to join the PTO!
Click here to sign up for 2020-2021 Radnor Elementary School volunteer opportunities.
Now's the time to start prepping for a great 2020-2021 school year! There are lots of opportunities to get involved in all of the events and activities the PTO sponsors at RES. It's a great way to meet other parents and to sneak-peeks and time with your kids during school events. Please consider joining the village and offering your time, skills (although not required) and excitement - that's all it takes!
Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to the RES PTO
The mission of the Radnor Elementary School Parent-Teacher Organization is to create a sense of community between parents, teachers, and students, and to support and enhance the educational experiences of our children.
President: Ali King
Vice President: Position available through June 2021
Vice President of Communications: Kathy Sonier
Vice President of Events: Carley Boyd
Vice President of Fundraising: Sara Wallace
Secretary: Paula Strokoff
Treasurer: Emily Quinones
Contact the PTO: email@example.com
What We Did In 2019-2020
The Radnor Elementary School Parent-Teacher Organization (RES PTO) is a partnership of parents, teachers and administrators.
The mission of the RES PTO is to support RES teachers and staff and to provide programs and financing supplement to enhance the academic, social and community outreach opportunities of RES students.
The school year is drawing to a close so we would like to share some of the many accomplishments our organization had this year. Please click here to read an overview in our What We Did In 2019-2020 Report!
For the first time, due to high demand, RES PTO is introducing 1st Day School Supplies as an optional way to safely & conveniently purchase your child's school supplies for the 20-21 school year! Act now - the deadline to order online is Tuesday, June 30.
- WES, IES and RMS use this company - it is a family ran business and was chosen because of their personal touches and quality of products and service Kit lists were put together and approved by all RES teachers
- Families will be notified if some teachers request additional supplies once teacher assignments are announced
- Kits will be delivered directly to your home two weeks before the start of school
- Supplies will be brought in by students on the first day as usual
- Kits include a $3 donation to RES PTO per kit - thank you in advance for the support
- If you wish, you may purchase a kit, and we will anonymously donate it to a student in need at RES
- This service is optional - the PTO is trying this service since it works well for other schools and may be beneficial for some of our families - if it's not your thing, you'll shop as usual
- Supplies will be consistent in quality and quantity and this will help families purchase their school supplies in a safe way given our new circumstances
Learn more and shop - the direct link to the store is: http://1stdayschoolsupplies.com/kits.php?sid=91796
Through this initiative, founded by RES parent Jen Shank, RES families are invited to continue donating each Friday via the Social Distance drop off location at 210 S Wayne Ave, Wayne, PA 19087 in the grey bin at the back door (as well as sending Amazon orders to the Wayne Food Pantry). THANK YOU!
5th Grade Families
RES 5th Grade Families had the option to donate their 5th-grade activities fee, which would have been used for their 5th grader's end of the year Pool Party, to local families in need due to COVID-19 or have their remaining $30 refunded. Most families chose to donate. We are so PROUD of our 5th-graders for giving forward!
RES Covid-19 Parent Resources
Checking in with your mental health is important during this stressful time. There is help available for children and adults. Radnor Elementary School is committed to providing resources for mental health support and consultation through this time of uncertainty.
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”
“You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.”