• Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation
    As stated on the PA UC website:
    "UC is money paid to people who have lost a job through no fault of their own. It is temporary income meant to help make ends meet while people look for a job."
    "Am I Eligible for UC?
    To claim benefits, you need to have earned enough money during your "base year." The base year is the first four quarters of the last five completed quarters at the time your claim is filed. The money you made during your base year determines, in part, if you can collect UC and how much you can collect. And, you have to have been working at a job that's covered by Pennsylvania's UC Law.
    UC is for people who lost a job because of something that wasn't their fault. If you're out of work because your employer had to make cutbacks, close an office, went out of business or something you couldn't control, it's possible that you will be eligible to collect UC.
    If you're out of work because you quit, you might not be eligible for UC. If you were fired from your company, you might not be able to collect UC.
    Finally, you must be able and ready to return to work (either to your old job or a new one) to claim UC. For claims with an effective date of Jan. 1, 2012 or later, you'll also have to actively seek work during each week that you claim UC benefits."
    Section 402.1 of the Law limits the eligibility of school employees. Please review  Section 402.1 (beginning on page 99) of the PA UC Law to see how it may affect your eligibility.
    When filing for UC, it is important to provide correct employer information.