2019-2020 Community Outreach Projects
The following items will benefit City Team, an organization in Chester, PA, serving the homeless and local families in need:
Kindergarten - Baby Wipes
1st Grade - Baby Wipes
2nd Grade – Pacifier or infant onesies (0-18 months)
3rd Grade – Pacifier or infant onesies (0-18 months)
The following items will benefit the Wayne Food Pantry:
4th Grade - Any food item that can be made with hot water only
5th Grade - Any food item that can be made with hot water only
(i.e., boxed or canned soups, instant oatmeal, couscous, noodles, etc.)
Thank you in advance for your generous contributions!
- Back To School Picnic: Selling Lemonade and waters to benefit Alex’s Lemonade Stand to raise funds for pediatric cancer research
- Donating new and gently used school supplies for the Morton School
- Trick or Treating at Rosemont Assisted Living Center after school (October 31)
- Collection of Halloween Candy (October 31-November 20)
- Winter Clothing Drive (October 1 – October 31)
- For our Ithan thanksgiving drive: please return forms by November 15th. Nonperishable groceries may be sent to Ithan at any time. Turkeys and groceries may be dropped off on November 25th 7:45-10:00 in the Ithan bus loop.
- Halloween Candy donations for troops abroad may be made outside the main office until Nov 20th.
- Spirit of Giving (TBD)
- School Assembly: Collection of items for MLK Day
MLK Day Supplies: To prepare for the district-wide day of service on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in January, Ithan families are invited to donate the following supplies. Please send items into school with your child and they will be presented during our student-only winter sing on 12/20.
- MLK Day is January 20th at the high school. The MLK committee will be looking for volunteers in MLK Day.
- Yellow Day is February 28th
- We will be collecting books during the month of March (2-31st)
- Thomas Morton Elementary School Bookfair will be held in early April (date for be determined).
- “Poppin” for The Autism Spectrum: We will we selling popcorn on Mondays in April for $1 a bag, all proceeds goes to fund Autism Research.
- We will be collecting used school supplies for the Thomas Morton Elementary School supply drive.
- Parents may also buy new kits from First Day School Supply to donate to the Morton School.
Thank you for all your generosity throughout the year! Please consider joining the Community Outreach Committee even if you can only participate in one event. We look forward to having family and student involvement!