Submitting Electronic Absence Notes
Absence notes may be submitted to the school as an email attachment with the following guidelines.Directions on submitting electronic absence notes:
Please follow these email guidelines:
- Parent or guardian writes the absence note on a piece of paper or yellow card. (A written excuse must contain the following information: (1) name of the student; (2) student grade level; (3) the date(s) of the absence; (4) the reason for the absence; and (5) a parent or legal guardian’s signature)
- Parent/guardian signs the note.
- Parent/guardian scans the note or takes a picture of the note.
- Parent attaches scanned note/picture of note to an email.
- Parent/guardian sends the message to the designated email address for absence notes. (Each school building has its own attendance email account.)
- NO electronic signatures will be accepted.
- ONLY emails with a signed absence note attached will be accepted.
- Emailed notes MUST be sent to the designated email account (Only at the elementary level should the classroom teacher be CC'd).
- Notes must contain the date of absence, student’s name, grade level, reason for absence and parent/guardian signature.
- The designated email account is for absence notes only. All other content should be sent to a school staff member directly.