Tuesday 11 September, 7:00 pm in the RES Theater
Thursday 13 September, 7:00 pm in the RES Theater
- One parent for each participating student must attend one of the meetings as there will be new information this year.
- Please read the data, and the dates below carefully as children must attend all scheduled rehearsals and participate in all shows.
- Please read the Musical Theatre Expectations and Guidelines and discuss them with your student before signing the forms.
- Any question regarding participation should be directed to Michele.Williams@rtsd.org (note that Michele is spelled with one l) before the September 21 deadline.
September 27, 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- All participants must attend. The show is announced! We learn about the show and prepare for the audition process, learning audition songs and about the unique characters.
AUDITION FOR LEAD ROLES
October 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 11, 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM (note the extended time)
- Each student is assigned one date and only attends that day (day may be changed due to conflicts or illness).
- Students audition in small groups. Please note that we will work until 6:00 pm, although, students are not required to stay until 6:00 pm.
- We take turns rotating through different parts, instead of assigning each child a time slot.
October 15 through January 31 (Mondays and Thursdays) 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM
February 4, 7, 11, 21, 25, 28, 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM (note the time change)
- It is critical that everyone attends and stays until dismissal time.
Sunday, March 3, 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Monday, March 4, 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Tuesday, March 5, 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Wednesday, March 6, 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Thursday, March 7, 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Monday, March 11, 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Tuesday, March 12, 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Wednesday, March 13, 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM
- Saturday, March 9 and Sunday, March 10 are make-up dates for snow cancellations.
- All must attend the entire rehearsal.
LEAD CHARACTERS-ONLY REHEARSALS
Tuesday, November 20, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Thursday, February 14, 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Friday, March 1, 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Thursday, March 14, 7:00 PM
Friday, March 15, 7:00 PM
Saturday, March 16, 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM
Sunday, March 17, 2:00 PM
- Snow cancellations will be rescheduled to Sunday evening.
Registration Form (at the end of this page)
Procedures & Release Form (at the end of this page)
Volunteer Clearance Forms Please complete HERE If you do not already have your clearances on file, please begin the process now. It takes time, and we need all the help to make the musical the best it can be!
- All 3 forms MUST be submitted.
$250.00 per student
- The fee is not refundable once the registration closes. Please note that costs include, but are not limited to, rights/script materials for the show, salaries for teachers, materials for sets, costumes and props, sound rental, lighting, and other expenses.
- You may also be asked to make other voluntary donations or purchase additional costume pieces (such as socks, leggings or undergarments) that are not included in this registration fee.
- Note: 5th graders will be admitted first. We anticipate having space for all interested 4th graders this year and will use a lottery system only if we exceed our limit. In the case of a lottery, registration payments will be returned promptly to any 4th graders not admitted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The RES PTO adheres to the policies and procedures outlined below.
We encourage all parents to consider whether the club is a good fit for their child regarding energy level, interest, etc. especially after a full day of school.
Instructors have a limited window of time in which to create and maintain a learning environment. In the unfortunate event that an instructor observes a student disrupting the learning process resulting in a disciplinary issue, the following course of action will take place:
- The instructor will talk directly with the child.
- The instructor will contact parents (if the problem continues).
- The instructor will notify PTO Club Chairs.
- PTO Club Chairs will contact parents (if the problem continues).
- The instructor will excuse the child from the club (with no refund).
If a parent is notified of a problematic situation by someone other than the instructor, the parent should contact the instructor to initiate the process.
Unless otherwise noted, the Musical Theatre dismisses at 5:30 pm. If a child is consistently picked-up late, the student may be requested to withdraw from the club. You must come to the designated pickup location to get your child.
Please note there is no nurse on duty during after-school clubs. 911 will be called for all emergencies.
Please note that even though clubs are held on school district property, they are under the jurisdiction of the PTO.