Ithan 4th Grade Orchestra Announcements
Reminder - IES 4th Strings Early morning RehearsalsA reminder that we have an early morning rehearsal scheduled for strings tomorrow morning, Monday 3/4 @ 7:45 A.M.
- If there is a delayed opening because of weather, rehearsal is CANCELLED
Rehearsals that are cancelled are not rescheduled.The full list of rehearsal dates is here: IES 4th Strings Rehearsals 2019
- If there is no school because of weather, rehearsal is cancelled.
IES 4th Orchestra Rehearsals Begin Monday March 4th
Dear Ithan 4th Grade Strings Parents,
For those of you who may not know me, my name is Sal Scinto and I work with Ms. McDonnell with the 4th grade strings students at Ithan. I will be rehearsing and conducting the orchestra for our spring concert on May 29th. In order to prepare for our concert, we will begin to rehearse as a full orchestra in March.
The early morning rehearsal schedule can be found here IES 4th Orchestra Rehearsal Schedule. The first rehearsal will be Monday, March 4th at 7:45 A.M. on stage at Ithan. All rehearsals are on Monday. There are some Mondays that we do not have rehearsal - please consult the schedule for the specific dates.
All students in the strings program should attend these rehearsals - they are important and are necessary to prepare for our concert in May. I appreciate you making the necessary arrangements to provide transportation and to get your children to Ithan for these rehearsals.
These rehearsals are in addition to the normal weekly lessons during school time. Students will have their normal weekly group lesson, and then will also participate in these Monday morning rehearsals.
Please note the following:
- On the attached document are instructions to sign up for text message reminders through remind.com - I highly encourage you to make use of this messaging service. I will be sending email and text message reminders the day before each rehearsal. In the event that a rehearsal would need to be cancelled, I would also alert you via email and text.
- In the event that there would be a delayed opening or school was closed due to inclement weather, rehearsal would be cancelled for that morning.
- I ask that you contact me via email if your child will not be attending rehearsal on a particular day. I understand completely that students might not be feeling well, or there might be a conflict, etc. - but I do feel responsible for the students during the rehearsal times and having an email note helps me to keep track of who to expect at each rehearsal.
Thank you for helping to instill a love of music in your children! I look forward to working with the entire band to prepare for our May concert!