Joining Your Chil(ren)'s Schoology Parent Group
For the 2019-20 school year, all teachers will send class updates and post upcoming events on Schoology. Follow the directions below to join your child’s parent group to receive updates to your email and see your child’s course calendar.
NOTE: If you do not already have a Schoology account, please complete the following steps:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your preferred email address
- Your child(ren)’s first and last name(s)
The district will create your account in 5-7 days.
- Your username will be supplied email address
- Your temporary password will be rtsd2019. Please change your password after logging into your account.
Join your child(ren)’s Schoology Parent Group to receive updates and view the calendar.
- Sign into your Schoology account
- Click Groups on the maroon menu bar
- Click My Groups on the right side of the window
- Click Join Group on the right side of the window
- Enter the group access code supplied by the group administrator
- Join the group
Classroom Updates and Upcoming Events
When you sign onto Schoology, you will see all your children’s classroom updates and upcoming events on the home page. Updates are shown on the center of the window and upcoming events are shown on the right.