District-Wide Multicultural Committees
All 5 Radnor schools have a PTO Multicultural Committee (MC). Collectively they are known as the RTSD PTO Multicultural Group. The chairs of each Multicultural Committee meet regularly to coordinate and exchange ideas.
Ithan Elementary School
Chairs: Josselyn Delussey, Chanelle Duarte-Suley, Cory Foley, Stephanie Vartanian
IES MC Website (https://www.rtsd.org/Page/20996)
Contact Us (IESMulticultural@gmail.com)
Radnor Elementary School
Chairs: Tara Huang and Jen Orosco
RES MC Website (https://www.rtsd.org/Page/21591)
Contact Us (RESMulticulturalCommittee@gmail.com)
Wayne Elementary School
Chair: Geeta Kapadia
Contact Us (WESMulticultural@gmail.com)
Radnor Middle School
Chair: Kate Sanderson
RMS MC Website (https://www.rtsd.org/Page/12033)
Contact Us (RMSPTOMC@gmail.com)
Radnor High School
Chairs: Loretta Bobbit, Ainlay Dixon
RHS MC Website (https://www.rtsd.org/Page/19581)
Contact Us (RHSPTOMC@gmail.com)
The goals of the Multicultural Group are focused on celebrating the rich tapestry of cultures that make up our Radnor community and to raise awareness of Diversity and Equity,
To achieve these goals, the Multicultural Committees organize various building-specific and district-wide events throughout the school year. Our community members can participate on a variety of levels in our activities:
- Enrich and enhance our students' education through our annual district-wide Multicultural Week (held during the last week of January) by:
- At Elementary level, developing a parent-led program of activities for students to explore and celebrate a chosen country.
- At RMS, developing a parent-led Around the World presentation program (8th Grade only)
- Supporting the RHS Student Multicultural Club in their activities
- Collaborate with the PTO Welcome Committees to be a resource and connection for new international families
- Organize school-specific, as well as district-wide social gatherings open to all RTSD students and families, focusing on appreciating the value of diversity and learning about new cultures
- Partner with the English Language Development (ELD) Program at all schools by serving as liaisons between teachers and families, and to help ELD families acclimate to Radnor.
- Participate in district-wide ELD events as parent facilitators, volunteers, and sponsors.
The Multicultural Committees offer a fun way for parents to get involved and connect. They are always looking for new members to join! Click on the Multicultural Committee websites for each school for more details.