New Families: Welcome to Radnor High School
On behalf of the RHS PTO, your new family Welcome Coordinators Julie Brennan, Eileen Fonseca and Lucy Madden would like to welcome you to the Radnor High School community.
Whether you are the parent of an incoming high school student from our area, a family new to the Radnor Township School District, new to Pennsylvania or even new to the USA, we are here to assist you.
Please be on the look out for a welcome email from us. We would love to connect with you and help you acclimate.
You can reach us at RHS PTO Welcome Committee with any questions you may have. We are happy to help!
Be Ready for High School: Read on and Act Now!
Stay tuned to this page for the most up-to-date information about the return to school in 2021-22, including Covid-19 Mitigation Planning, Student Schedules and Teacher Assignments, First Day of School Schedules, Open House Dates, School Picture Day, RTSD Calendar, Back to School Portal, Student Usernames/Logins, Bus Schedules, Student Meals, Immunization Requirements and Required Forms for Athletics.
The 2021-22 Back-to-School Parent/Guardian Portal, which collects student/family contact, medical and emergency data, opened on Monday, August 16 at 5 p.m. Parents are asked to submit their information by Sunday, September 5.
- A 15-digit unique “snapcode” was emailed to each family on August 16 to allow access to the portal.
- Each parent/guardian with a student enrolled in an RTSD school will receive an email at the email addresses on file with the district from the RTSD Central Registrar, Amelia Dougherty, that contains their child’s unique snapcode and instructions on how to access the portal.
First Day of School
- Grades 9 and 10 Students will attend the morning session beginning at 8:30 a.m. Freshman will report to the auditorium and sophomores will return to homeroom. Students will be dismissed at 12:25 p.m.
- Grades 11 and 12 Students will attend the afternoon session beginning at 12:30 p.m. Juniors will report to homeroom and seniors will report to the cafeteria for a pizza party. Bus transportation will be provided and pickup times will be four hours after normal pickup times. These students will be dismissed at regularly scheduled dismissal time of 3:10 p.m. Please note: This day is for RHS students to attend a variety of important orientation activities, including distribution of schedules. Lunch will not be served. The first full day of school is Thurs., Sept. 9. It will be an 8 block day, cycle day 1.
2021-22 RHS Parent/Guardian and Student Handbook For a comprehensive guide to Radnor high School’s Philosophy, Staff, and Bell Schedules, Academics, Extra-Curricular Activities, Clubs and Athletics, Attendance, Student Discipline and more.
RTSD Covid-19 Mitigation Planning in 2021-22 For information on possible masking, quarantining, distancing and more.
For a complete list of important dates, events, breaks and testing schedules, view the 2021-22 RTSD calendar
- 9/8 RHS First Day of School - RHS Orientation activities, including distribution of schedules.Grades 9 and 10 (8:30 a.m. to 12:25 p.m.), Grades 11 and 12 (12:30 p.m. to 3:10 p.m.). Lunch will not be served, transportation provided.
- 9/9 RHS Picture Day Barksdale School Portraits will photograph all students.
- 9/9 RHS Open House - Back-to-School Night for parents/guardians - @ 7 pm (Location TBC)
- 9/17 PTO General Membership and Welcome Back Meeting #1 - @ 9 am ( virtual meeting)
- 9/23 PTO Multicultural Committee Welcome Back Event - New Parent Wine and Cheese Social at Shailu Jaswal’s Home
Are you New to the USA?
If you are new to the USA, or would like to learn about another culture or share your culture, please feel free to reach out to the RHS Multicultural Committee which works to raise and maintain awareness of cultural diversity within the RHS community. They can also connect you with other families of similar origin, culture or language. Please reach out to the RHS PTO Welcome Committee with any questions you may have. They are happy to help too!