Any individuals, groups and organizations who wish to use school district facilities must obtain and complete a Facilities Use Application Form. All applications should be received by the building principal or designee at least thirty (30) business days before the scheduled event.
The principal/designee reviews the applications for completeness, intended use, scheduling and availability of the requested space and approves or disapproves the use, forwards the completed application to the Director of Operations.
The Director of Operations determines the appropriate rental fee per the attached fee schedule and charges for custodial and security services.
The Director of Operations prepares and forwards a letter of approval to the user. Copies of the approval letter with a copy of the application will be sent to the appropriate building designee.
The invoicing procedure for the district will be administered by the Director of Operations. Questions regarding rental applications may be made to the Director of Operations, 610-688-8100 x6103.
- Application Processing Procedures and User Requirements
- Associated Fees and Charges
- Rules When Using District Facilities
- No group will be permitted use of school facilities if it interferes with school programs. The Director of Operations, Building Principal, Athletic Director, or their designee, may cancel any application for school use should conflicts with school programs develop.
- School authorities reserve the right to limit, restrict, or prohibit proposed school facilities use when this use is not in the interest of the District or community.
- Users recognize the fact that the District making its facilities available to the community in accordance with Board policy and administrative regulations does not create any right for user to the continued use of the facilities except at the discretion of District.
- All groups (Users) requesting use of district facilities are required to submit the request using the District application form.
- Applications are available in all District buildings and on the District web site. Applications must be filled out completely.
- An authorized organization representative must sign each application for each facility request. This person will be responsible for the proper facility use and be the contact person for District administration.
- All requests must be made at least thirty (30) calendar days prior to the scheduled facility use, but no sooner than six (6) months. No contract will be longer than twelve (12) months in duration. Exceptions can be made at the discretion of the appropriate administrator.
- All approved users will receive final approval for their requests when the approved application is signed by both the Building Principal/Administrator. A copy of the signed application will be returned to the requester with an approval letter and/or invoice.
- After approval of the application is processed, the Business Office will distribute copies to the appropriate support personnel.
- Users may not assign the approved agreement or sublet the premises.
- Users understand that the application is limited to use of the designated facility, building or field. The user and anyone accessing the facility through the user group may not access other parts of the facility, building or field not expressly set forth on the application. The user is responsible for supervising all individuals in user group. The District reserves the right to terminate applications or refuse to issue future approvals to users who fail to abide by this provision.
- Charges for all facility requests will be estimated in advance of the activity itself. Approval letters will include the fee, due prior to the event. Added fees may be assessed for additional rental time and/or excessive and unexpected clean up or support services.
- Programs run by A & B Classification Users that charge admission, or a sign up fee, with the proceeds going directly to those A & B groups will incur no rental charge. The District reserves the right to request an accounting of the proceeds and the costs of running the program.
- Any user, other than Classifications A & B, charging admission or using the facilities for fund raising purposes will be charged according to Class G, unless the proceeds directly benefit District school children or the School District.
- In the event that a User needs to cancel, User shall inform District in writing to the Director of Operations two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled event or pay as liquidated damages the rental fee heretofore provided. There will be no refunds of rental fees for cancellations requested less than two weeks prior to the scheduled use of facilities. This applies except when cancellation is due to a School District decision for weather or other circumstances.
- Users are responsible for damage to District facilities. If facility users find the part of the premises approved for use to be damaged or defective, the user should report this condition as soon as possible, preferably before using the facility.
- Any group using District facilities is required to restore or pay for the restoration to original condition, at the discretion of the District, any property destroyed or suffering from more than normal wear and tear. The School District shall be the sole judge of destruction of property or excessive wear and tear.
- The District reserves the right to close any facility for safety concerns related to construction, field renovations, or any other reason that the District feels necessary. Facility use is automatically cancelled when the facilities are closed by school authorities because of local, state, or national disaster, or emergencies (fire, flood, storms, or mechanical failure) as well as weather-related school closings. It is the user’s responsibility to verify building availability.
- Uses are subject to the appropriate support personnel being available and willing to work as needed. The District reserves the right to cancel any use of building when custodial, lifeguards, kitchen, maintenance, security or technology services are not available for any reason.
Charges for all users will be levied according to the specific User Classifications, attached.
- Classification A and B users are not charged to use our facilities but will be billed separately for any school district personnel costs that are incurred, for example, custodians, maintenance, security, cafeteria workers or stage workers. Rentals requiring the use of kitchen equipment and the rentals of the middle school auditorium require district staff in addition to a custodial fee.
- The hourly rate for support personnel on weekdays is $50.00 per hour Monday – Friday during the school year; $75.00 per hour for Friday and Saturdays during the school year and the summer; $100 per hour on all Sundays and Holidays.
- The rental fee schedules are attached to this regulation and on the District web site.
- If excessive and/or unexpected custodial services are required, those charges will be billed directly to the user.
- Rental fees do not include school personnel.
- Rental fees will be reviewed and updated, if needed, on an annual basis.
- All kitchen uses require staffing by District food service personnel.
- All Radnor Middle School Auditorium uses require staffing by RTSD personnel.
- Misuse of the facilities or ignoring rules related to facilities by users may result in barring future use.
- If it is determined the District facilities reserved by a user are not being (actively) used by the user, the District may deny future use.
- The use of alcohol, drugs and/or tobacco products is prohibited by law on all District properties.
- All illegal activities are prohibited on District property and users that permit illegal activities will be banned from future use of District facilities.
- No dogs/pets are allowed on school property at anytime, with the exception of guide or service dogs or with permission from the building Principal.
- When an event is held in a school building, refreshments and/or food must be served only in the cafeterias unless authorized in advance by the building Principal or the Director of Operations.
- When using District fields, there is absolutely no barbequing on school property and no outside food vendors are allowed, without prior District approval.
- Night and weekend temperature setbacks will not be changed during the user’s use period.
- Users should designate one (1) member who is responsible to supervise the activity and will be the contact person for any District personnel on duty. Any user who uses District facilities is responsible for the conduct of participants and spectators. The user will adequately protect the facility and any equipment, as well as the participants and spectators.
- Users may only use assigned fields, rooms, and spaces as stated in the application, and users may only use them for the specific, intended, and approved purposes during the approved time.
- Users are not permitted to use school equipment including, but not limited to, rock walls, gymnastics apparatus and musical instruments unless otherwise approved by the appropriate administrator.
- The School District will determine when fields must be closed for weather or other reasons. Users will not be permitted on closed fields, violators will lose their privileges and there will be no refunds.
- When fields are open but the ground is wet, soggy, or muddy or precipitation is falling or has recently fallen, it is the users’ responsibility to consider potential damage that may occur to the fields if they are used. Users must also consider the potential safety hazard to their players if fields are used under these conditions.
- The user shall not do preparation of athletic fields (lines, etc.) except with the approval of, or at the direction of, the Athletic Director or his designee.
- No facility, field or parking lot, shall be subjected to overcrowding or use by users in excess of permitted capacity. Parking of vehicles on any grass, artificial turf, or sidewalk is strictly prohibited. Parking of vehicles is prohibited in any yellow curb areas.
- All decorations and any temporary materials used must be fireproof and must be approved by school officials. Open flame decorations will not be used anywhere in the buildings. No object in auditoriums and foyers may be permanently fastened to walls, ceilings, and/or floors. No object may be fastened to the floors in any manner that will damage floor finish. All objects, furnishings, and equipment must be installed and removed by the user under School staff supervision. Removal (along with debris) will be completed immediately when the activity ends.
- All users will be responsible for picking up their trash and putting it trash receptacles. The District will be responsible for providing and emptying trash receptacles under normal circumstances. If no trash receptacles are available or the available receptacles are full, the user must take away their trash.
- Users will not block any exits from District facilities.
- The District will not supply storage of supplies for the user except with the permission of the athletic director or appropriate administrator.
- District owned equipment must not be taken from school premises.
- District equipment may not be used unless specifically requested on the application and approved.
- Chairs and/or other obstructions will not be placed in aisles, entrances, or exit areas.
- Footwear and appropriate dress will be worn inside buildings. Sneakers or gym shoes should be worn when using gymnasiums for athletic purposes. High heels are not permitted on artificial turf or track surfaces.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only. Others will be towed.