Phone: (610) 687-8480, ext. 4243
Degrees and Certifications:
Dual Degree in Early Childhood Education and Special Education Master's Degree in Education with a Certification as a Reading Specialist
Ms. Ashley Reese
I am the 4th and 5th grade Learning Support teacher at Wayne Elementary School. I work with students that have needs in the area of Reading, Writing, Math, and/or students that require assistance with their behaviors within the school setting.
Click here to visit the WES Learning Support Page for more information about the staff and programs!Parent Resource Books:
Books to Read to your Child(ren) regarding learning differences:
- Hall, Susan.L. & Moats, Louisa C. (1999). Straight Talk About Reading: How Parents Can Make a Difference in the Early Years. Contemporary Books, Chicago, IL.
- Moats, Louisa C. & Dakin, Karen. (2008). Basic facts about Dyslexia and other Reading Problems. Baltimore, MD: International Dyslexia Association.
- Tridas, Eric Q., ABC to ADHD. What Every Parent Should Know About Dyslexia. Baltimore, MD: International Dyslexia Association.
- Berch, Daniel B. & Mazzocco, Michelle M.M (2007). Why Is Math So Hard for Some Children? The Nature and Origins of Mathematical Learning Difficulties and Disabilities. Paul Brookes Publishing Co., Baltimore, MD.
- Dawson, Peg & Guare, Richard (2009). Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential. The Guildford Press, NY, NY
- Shaywitz, Sally (2003). Overcoming Dyslexia, A New and Complete Science-Based Program for Reading Problems at Any Level, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, NY.
- Elementary: Winkler, Henry, The Hank Zipzer Series- 14 book series based on the life of Henry Winkler
- Pollaco, Patricia. (1998) Thank you, Mr. Falker. Penguin Putnam Books for Young Readers, NY, NY
- Gantos, Jack.(1998) Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key. Harper Collins Children's Books, NY, NY
- Robb, Diane Burton.(2004) The Alphabet Story: A Story About Dyslexia. Albert Whitman Company, Morton Grove, IL
- Malchow, Hal and Malchow, Alex(2011) The Sword of Darrow. BenBella Books, Inc. Dallas, TX
- Nadeau, Kathleen and Dixon, Ellen (2005). Learning to Slow Down and Pay Attention: A book for kids about ADHD. Magination Press, Washington DC, American Psychological Association
- Zaslavsky, Claudia (2001) Number Sense and Nonsense: Building math creativity and confidence through number play. Chicago Review Press, Chicago, Il.
- Fischer, Gary & Cummings Rhoda Woods (1990) The School Survival Guide for Kids with LD
- Frostig Center (with Foreword by Rick Lavoie) (2009) The Six Success Factors for Children with Learning Disabilities. John Wiley & Sons, San Francisco, CA
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Community Focus Group: Student Wellness
May 31, 2019
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM WES Spring Fair
June 3, 2019
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM WES End of Year PTO Meeting