Take a Video Tour of IES
Ithan School Song
Sung to the tune of John Jacob Jingleheimer SchmidtIthan Elementary SchoolWe come to learn and play.Making friends and having funand helping everyoneIthan is caring every day.Ithan is caring, building heart and mind.Teaching responsibility, working to be kindWe strive to find empathy and self control.Growing up from kindergarten to fifth grade our common goal.Ithan Elementary SchoolWe come to learn and play.Making friends and having fun and helping everyoneIthan is caring every day (Repeat)
School Closing Information
Emergency telephone number: 610-688-8100 and Press "1"District code: 457
NotificationsRTSD employees, parents, students and other community members are encouraged to check several of the below sources for information on school closings, delays, etc.
- By Phone and Email
- All Radnor Township School District employees and families will receive an automated telephone message and email alert via the district's SchoolMessenger emergency notification system when inclement weather forces the closing, late opening or early dismissal of school. A message from the school superintendent or designee will be delivered to all district families around 6 a.m. for closures and late openings and as soon as possible during the school day for early dismissals.
- Employees: You will be contacted on the "Home" (primary) and "Work" (secondary) phone numbers and every email address listed in your account in the Employee Web Portal.
- Families: You will be contacted on the primary and secondary phone numbers and every email address listed in your account in Home Access Center.
- Through the Media
- Via the RTSD website
- Via RTSD's official Twitter account (@RadnorTSD)
Additional sources of information may include RTSD Education Channel (Comcast 8, Verizon 31) and the Radnor Township Government Access channel (Comcast 5, Verizon 30). These are not to be used as primary communication vehicles and will only supplement information given by the above sources.
- Via an emergency message accessible by calling the district's main phone number, 610-688-8100, and pressing "1"
Parents are also urged to check more than one source for information. While every effort is made to use all of the above sources, technology or other factors beyond our control sometime prevent posting of information on a particular source.
Delayed OpeningsIn the event of a two-hour delayed opening, each school will begin two hours later than normal starting time. Lunches will be served. Any before school activities such as Computer Club, instrumental practices, etc. will be cancelled on late start days.Early DismissalThe times of scheduled early dismissal for students are typically as follows unless otherwise specified:• High school: 11 a.m.• Middle school: 11:30 a.m.• Elementary schools: 12 p.m.
Extended Day ScheduleThe extended day program will also operate on a 2-hour delay schedule. Since it usually opens at 7:30 a.m. on the regular schedule, it will be open to receive students at 9:30 a.m. on delayed opening days
Cancellation of ActivitiesWhen schools are closed, even if offices remain open, all activities in school district buildings are cancelled.
Who is Affected?The RTSD school closing number applies to all students who use RTSD transportation. All RTSD buses, serving both public and non-public schools operate on the same schedule. If there is a delay or closing for district schools, it also applies to the transportation for the non-public school students.