Take a Video Tour of RES
Lost & Found, Deliveries and Forgotten Items
Please Label All Student ItemsWe make every effort to return lost items but it is very important that you help us by putting your child's name in jackets, book bags, sweaters, sweatshirts, hats, boots, mittens, etc.Lost and FoundFound items, without names, are stored on a tiered cart just inside the main door in the cafeteria. If you are looking for a lost article, first check those "Lost and Found" items. As the school year progresses, we accumulate a significant number of unclaimed articles. Periodically, items in good condition, which are not claimed, will be donated to a local charity.DeliveriesHome procedures should be in place to support students to bring all necessary items with them to school. Deliveries of books, instruments, homework assignments and such should be a rare occurrence. All items delivered late to school must have your child's name and their teacher's name posted on it. Enter the main office and deliver items to the receptionist. School staff will deliver items to the classroom to minimize interruptions to instruction. Lunches placed directly in the lunch room once you receive clearance in the main office.Forgotten ItemsFor security reasons, classrooms are locked at the end of the instructional day. Students will not be permitted to return to their classrooms after school has been dismissed to retrieve forgotten items. Office and custodial staff are not permitted to admit individuals to classrooms after the school day. Please do not place them in an awkward position by asking them to go against the procedure.
9:30 AM - 11:00 PM RES Holiday Sing (Students Only)
December 25, 2018
December 26, 2018
December 27, 2018
December 28, 2018
December 31, 2018
School Closing Information
Emergency telephone number: 610-688-8100 and Press "1"District code: 457
NotificationsRTSD employees, parents, students and other community members are encouraged to check several of the below sources for information on school closings, delays, etc.
- By Phone and Email
- All Radnor Township School District employees and families will receive an automated telephone message and email alert via the district's SchoolMessenger emergency notification system when inclement weather forces the closing, late opening or early dismissal of school. A message from the school superintendent or designee will be delivered to all district families around 6 a.m. for closures and late openings and as soon as possible during the school day for early dismissals.
- Employees: You will be contacted on the "Home" (primary) and "Work" (secondary) phone numbers and every email address listed in your account in the Employee Web Portal.
- Families: You will be contacted on the primary and secondary phone numbers and every email address listed in your account in Home Access Center.
- Through the Media
- Via the RTSD website
- Via RTSD's official Twitter account (@RadnorTSD)
Additional sources of information may include RTSD Education Channel (Comcast 8, Verizon 31) and the Radnor Township Government Access channel (Comcast 5, Verizon 30). These are not to be used as primary communication vehicles and will only supplement information given by the above sources.
- Via an emergency message accessible by calling the district's main phone number, 610-688-8100, and pressing "1"
Parents are also urged to check more than one source for information. While every effort is made to use all of the above sources, technology or other factors beyond our control sometime prevent posting of information on a particular source.
Delayed OpeningsIn the event of a two-hour delayed opening, each school will begin two hours later than normal starting time. Lunches will be served. Any before school activities such as Computer Club, instrumental practices, etc. will be cancelled on late start days.Early DismissalThe times of scheduled early dismissal for students are typically as follows unless otherwise specified:• High school: 11 a.m.• Middle school: 11:30 a.m.• Elementary schools: 12 p.m.
Extended Day ScheduleThe extended day program will also operate on a 2-hour delay schedule. Since it usually opens at 7:30 a.m. on the regular schedule, it will be open to receive students at 9:30 a.m. on delayed opening days
Cancellation of ActivitiesWhen schools are closed, even if offices remain open, all activities in school district buildings are cancelled.
Who is Affected?The RTSD school closing number applies to all students who use RTSD transportation. All RTSD buses, serving both public and non-public schools operate on the same schedule. If there is a delay or closing for district schools, it also applies to the transportation for the non-public school students.