At Wayne Elementary School we create a safe and caring environment for all students to grow and learn.
We work towards this mission in a variety of ways:
- School Wide Positive Behavior Framework
- Staff and Support Personnel
- Various learning opportunities
- Partnership with our families and community
Challenging Learning Expectations
We strive to "unlock the potential in all of us":
- Academically we have a strong core program with supports so all students can not only access, but reach their full potential to achieve.
- Socially we use the PBS framework to create a culture that is inclusive and respectful.
- Emotionally we focus on the whole child which encompasses academics and social skills.
Take a Video Tour of WES
Each day, students in all grades participate in the following:
- Four core subjects (reading/literacy, math, social studies and science)
- A daily special (library, music, art, gym, wellness, and STEM)
- A 25-minute lunch and 25-minute recess
- 50-minutes daily for MTSS to receive support, interventions, enrichment, music lessons and other services if needed
The School Day
8:45 a.m. Student Drop-Off Begins
8:55 a.m. Students Enter Building9:05 a.m. School Day Begins
3:40 p.m. School Day Ends3:40 p.m. Car Pick-Up Dismisses3:45 p.m. Bus Dismissal Begins
For more information on student arrival and dismissal procedures, view page 10 of the Elementary School Parent/Guardian Handbook.