Each incoming 6th grade class will be assigned a counselor. Counselors work directly with the same group of students from the start of 6th grade through 8th grade. Our goal is to provide each and every student with comprehensive guidance that reflects their individual needs, and supports students to achieve their academic and personal goals. Throughout the year, counselors meet with students individually, in small groups and for whole class lessons. Our focus is to assist with:
- Academic advising including course selection, scheduling, and academic support
- Social and emotional counseling including peer relationships, stress management, conflict resolution and crisis intervention
- Career exploration using tools on Naviance
The School Counseling department also hosts evening programs for students and parents over the course of the school year.
To discuss a question or concern, or to schedule an appointment, students and families can contact their counselor directly by phone or email.
Resources for Crisis
- Deleware County Mobile Crisis: 1-855-899-7827
- Text ot talk to a crisis counselor via Minding Your Minds: text CONNECT to 741741 (24/7)
- Suicide Prevention Hotline : 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Resources for Mindfulness
- Roots and Wings (website that gives students tools to manage their impulses, regulate emotion and sustain their attention. https://www.rootsandwingsonline.org/about
8th Grade Counselor
School Counselor Secretary