A Message from the Principal
September 25, 2020
Dear RES Families,
We are excited to welcome back some our students starting September 29. We are equally excited to continue our cyber classes as the teachers in both settings have spent an enormous amount of time over the summer to ensure your child has the best possible academic experience, regardless which option was chosen.
For children who will be returning to school, we will be operating on an AM/PM schedule with schoolwide cleaning in between. While an email about health and safety protocols will be sent out by the district, I wanted to share some important information about our arrival and dismissal procedures for students.
Thank you for your continued support and I look forward to seeing some of you next week.
Dates for RES Student Return
- September 29-30: K,1,2 students Only
- October 1: K,1,2,3,4,5 Students
During the first week in Phase 2, students will line up on the basketball courts and be led in by their teachers. Starting October 5, students will go directly to their classes from the bus or their cars.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Times/Procedures
For maximum safety, please follow our drop-off and pick-up system.
- AM drop-off time: 8:52 AM
- AM pick-up time: 11:30 AM
- PM drop-off time: 1:00 PM
- PM pick-up time: 3:30 PM
- The AM and PM drop off will take place in the lower loop.
- Do not leave your car for any reason.
- At pick-up while cars are lining up, students will wait near the school’s loading dock canopy until their car is at the front of the line in the upper loop. A staff member will direct your child to the car.
- Please contact your child’s teacher or the front office if you do not know whether your child is AM or PM.
Pick-up name cards
During the first week, a member of the staff will provide you with a pick-up name card. After the first week, extra blank name cards will be available in the office.
Please make sure you send in a note and notify your child’s teacher via email if there is a change in your child’s pick-up routine or for occasional after-school plans.
For bus rider information, you may check your bus and schedule through Here Comes the Bus. After connecting to the site, enter their 6-digit Student ID and our school code 28853. Click here for more information.
Students are always expected to wear masks except during their mask/snack breaks. Teachers will have replacement masks, if necessary.
Students may bring a snack. We ask that you refrain from sending in peanut snacks.
Teachers will communicate any supplies that your child will need for class.