A Message from the Principal
August 26, 2018
Dear RES Families,
Welcome to the 2018-19 School Year! I hope you and your child/children are as excited as we are about the new school year. We look forward to welcoming back our “seasoned” 1st -5th graders who will help us embrace our new kindergarten class. We will also be welcoming over 35 new students and their families to the RES community. For those of you who are new to the district, you will find that RES is a school that takes pride in providing our students with an abundance of love, care and support.
We have a dedicated staff that is passionate about their vocation and will be working hard over the next few days to ensure that they are prepared to meet the academic, social and emotional needs of our students.
This year there are some new faces that will be joining our faculty and staff. Additionally, we have some familiar faces with assignment changes. These individuals were carefully vetted for their current positions to ensure that our students receive the best possible educational opportunity. We welcome to RES the following:
- Samantha Bardero: 3rd Grade (1st semester)
- Libby Corman: From Instructional Coach to 5th Grade
- Vera Correa-Meyer: From Long Term Substitute (LTS) (2nd) to Contract (Kindergarten)
- Alex Galdi: Speech Therapist
- Katrina Gallia: Paraprofessional
- Amy Fosco: Cafeteria
- Michelle Hopkin: 3rd Grade LTS Watch Position
- Hillary Horan: From LTS (1st Grade) to Contract (Kindergarten)
- Rachael Hudak: From LTS to Contract (Kindergarten)
- Lindsey Ingram: 3rd Grade (1st Semester)
- Sara Kopp: Paraprofessional
- Linda Lyons: OT Therapist
- Laurie Maiman: From LTS Contract (Learning Support)
- Emily Mazza: Learning Support Teacher
- Amber MacKenzie: Paraprofessional
- Melissa McCloy-Librarian (IES)
- Nora McDonnell: Strings Music Teacher
- Jennifer Postetter: From LTS to Contract (Teacher of the Gifted)
- Adrienne Sanderbeck: From Kindergarten to 4th Grade
- Jennifer Scancella: Reading Specialist
- Monica Willans: 5th Grade
This school year we will continue to build on the principle of being a school that emphasizes kindness and community. I am excited about the various programs that we plan to share with our students to promote this most worthy endeavor.
On behalf of the entire RES staff, we are extremely excited for what will be a great year. I look forward to greeting your child on the first day of school.