2021-22 Student Parking Information
There is limited parking available for Radnor High School students on campus. Parking permits are available for 12th-grade students only. Seniors will be given the opportunity to obtain a parking permit through a selection and lottery process. Students will choose from one of three options: Sharing, Semester or Lottery. Please keep in mind when choosing that there are 177 parking spots for over 300 seniors so by sharing or choosing the semester option, they are guaranteed a parking spot.
- Option #1: Sharing - A senior will find another senior and agree to share a spot. It is incumbent upon both students and both families to determine how the spot will be shared. Should issues arise, students must work it out on their own, or find another pair of seniors willing to switch partners. Students who agree to the sharing option will be guaranteed one (1) spot to share for the entire year.
- Option #2: Semester - A senior will choose if they want to park either the first semester or the second semester. A student who selects the semester option will not have to share and will be guaranteed one (1) spot to use for the selected semester.
- Option #3: Lottery - A senior will put their name in a lottery for a full year spot that they do not have to share. The lottery spots will be randomly drawn after sharing and semester spots have been reserved. Should a senior choose the lottery option and not get a spot due to limited availability, they will be placed on the waitlist and will not be able to change to sharing or semester options after the fact. There is no guarantee of getting a spot if you select the lottery option.
We understand there are many special circumstances that may require a student to park on campus. However, RHS has limited parking available, especially during construction, and we need to be fair to those who paid for a spot. Therefore, no exceptions will be granted to students to park on campus if they do not have a parking tag.
Additional parking for RHS students is available in the district's reserve parking lot at King of Prussia Road and Matsonford road.
Parking Permit Eligibility
To be eligible, seniors must return a completed RHS Parking: Student Information Card (sent in the mail the week of July 19) and Open Campus Form to the main office between Monday, August 16-Wednesday, August 25 from 8:30-11:45 a.m. Please be aware that any student who received an ‘F’ as a final grade in the prior year will not be eligible for a parking space.
Parking Permit Lottery
The lottery will be conducted on Friday, August 27. Results will be posted on the Class of 2022 Schoology page.
Required Forms for Parking Permit Pick-Up
Students selected to receive a parking permit should drop off the following driving information to Ms. Teri Lahey in the main office between August 30-September 3:
- Current Car Insurance Information (copy)
- Driver’s License (copy)
- Car Registration (copy)
- Student Parking Privilege Agreement
- Check made payable to "Radnor High School" for $75 (if selected via lottery) OR $37.50 per student (if selected the sharing or semester option)
Note: Those who do not submit all the appropriate paperwork or who have not resolved outstanding debts by Friday, September 3 will be placed on the waiting list.
Where Seniors Can Park at RHS
A numbered hang tag will be issued and must always be displayed on the rear-view mirror while the vehicle is on campus. Students may only park in their assigned lots or along the new road by Rowland Field lot in the numbered spots.
Parking lots are assigned by tag number. Each permit issued will have a tag number that corresponds with a student parking area (senior lot, junior lot, wedge lot, or the road by the senior lot). Spaces within each area are not assigned and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Information will be posted on Schoology about what lots correspond to what tag range.
Students are not permitted to park in staff spaces at any time. Starting Wednesday, September 8, all cars on campus must have a permit to park. Students who park on campus illegally will face disciplinary consequences. If a senior on the waiting list parks illegally, the student will be removed from the waiting list.
Parking on the campus of Radnor High School is a privilege. Please be sure to follow all rules and regulations to protect this privilege. Read and review the Student Parking Privilege Agreement with your child to be sure they understand the expectations associated with vehicles on campus.
If students need to temporarily take a different vehicle, the hang tag must be displayed in the temporary vehicle while on campus. If the original vehicle is no longer in use, the information for the new vehicle must be registered with Ms. Teri Lahey in the main office. For official parking rules and further information, see Radnor Township School District Policy #223, Use of Bicycles and Motor Vehicles.
- Any senior who received an "F" as a final grade last year is ineligible for a parking permit.
- Seniors must have their outstanding debts resolved prior to receiving their parking pass. Any senior who does not have their debts resolved by September 3 will be placed on the waiting list. Please come to the main office if you have a question regarding a debt.
- Any senior who does not have their driver’s license prior to September 8, 2021 will be placed on the waiting list.
Please reference the Student Parking Privilege Agreement for additional information.