About Radnor Township School District
Radnor Township, founded in 1682, is located 13 miles west of Philadelphia, PA and has a population of approximately 30,000. Radnor Township School District is Radnor Township's only public school system, covering nearly 14 square miles and serving a diverse, multicultural population.
RTSD includes one high, one middle and three elementary schools. Radnor High School (RHS) was the first school to be established in 1893 with renovations in 2015. Ithan Elementary School (IES) was built in 1963 with completed renovations in 2016; Wayne Elementary School (WES) was built in 1971 with completed renovations in 2016; Radnor Elementary School (RES) was built in 2001 and is Pennsylvania's first "green" school; and the current Radnor Middle School (RMS) building was built in 2007.
RTSD is consistently recognized as one of the finest school districts in the nation, with a vast network of parks, playgrounds, athletic fields and learning spaces.
Student and District Data Overview*
2017-18 School Year
• Composite Average SAT score for Radnor High School Class of 2018: 1320
• Average ACT score for RHS Class of 2018: 27.4
• Percent of Class of 2018 Who Graduated in 4 Years: 99.2%
• Percent of Class of 2018 Attending 4-Year Colleges: 85%
• Number of different institutions of higher learning members of the RHS Class of 2018 were enrolled in at graduation: 120
• Number of Advanced Placement (AP) Courses at RHS for 2017-18 School Year: 26
• Total number of AP tests given in 2017- 18 School Year: 1,068
• Percentage of AP Tests with Scores of 3 or Above in 2017-18 School Year: 83.6%
• 3rd-Grade English Language Arts (ELA) PSSA: RTSD, 42.9% Advanced; State of PA, 19.1%
• 3rd-Grade Math PSSA: RTSD, 44% Advanced; State of PA, 22.7%
• 4th-Grade ELA PSSA: RTSD, 54.4% Advanced; State of PA, 25.1%
• 4th-Grade Math PSSA: RTSD, 40.3% Advanced; State of PA, 17.8%
• 4th-Grade Science PSSA: RTSD, 63.9% Advanced; State of PA, 35.8%
• 5th-Grade ELA PSSA: RTSD, 39.7% Advanced; State of PA, 14%
• 5th-Grade Math PSSA: RTSD, 46.5% Advanced; State of PA, 17.8%
• 6th-Grade ELA PSSA: RTSD, 48.8% Advanced; State of PA, 26.2%
• 6th-Grade Math PSSA: RTSD, 44% Advanced; State of PA, 14.7%
• 7th-Grade ELA PSSA: RTSD, 47.6% Advanced; State of PA, 17.7%
• 7th-Grade Math PSSA: RTSD, 50.4% Advanced; State of PA, 16.2%
• 8th-Grade ELA PSSA: RTSD, 36.4% Advanced; State of PA, 14.4%
• 8th-Grade Math PSSA: RTSD, 30.7% Advanced; State of PA, 10.8%
• 8th-Grade Science PSSA: RTSD, 38.2% Advanced; State of PA, 20.4%
• Number of home countries of RTSD English Language Learners in 2017-18: 47
• Number of native languages of RTSD English Language Leaners in 2017-18: 32
• Number of students who participated in a form of musical ensemble at RHS and RMS in 2017-18: 817
• Number of students who participated in a form of musical ensemble at the elementary level in 2017-18: 869
• Number of students who participated in one of RTSD's 2018 Summer Learning Programs: 393
• 99,827 titles are available in the five RTSD school libraries
In U.S. News and World Report's 2019 high school rankings, RHS once again ranked #3 high school in PA and moved up more than 120 spots in the national rankings to #237 from #363 in 2018
RTSD Ranked 2nd Best School District in Pennsylvania and 5th Best School District in U.S. by Niche.com in 2019
RTSD Ranked #7 school district in Pennsylvania by SchoolDigger.com in 2017
RHS ranked #4 "Most Challenging High School" in PA by "The Washington Post" in 2017
RHS ranked #4 high school in PA and 106th in U.S. by "Newsweek" in 2016
RHS ranked #16 high in school in PA by SchoolDigger.com in 20172019 Niche.com Public School Rankings
- RTSD ranked #2 school district in PA, #5 in U.S.
- RHS ranked #3 public high school in PA, #84 in U.S.
- RMS ranked #2 public middle school in PA, #47 in U.S.
- IES ranked #1 public elementary school in PA, #24 in U.S.
- RES ranked #10 public elementary school in PA, #82 in U.S.
- WES ranked #25 public elementary school in PA, #181 in U.S.