Overview of Online Safety
Managing the Internet at Home - Talk with your children
Click here to read tips for keeping your children safe online.Click here for a a SafeKids pledge that you can review with your child.
Security Settings on Your Home Computer
Tips to keep your computer safe:
- Keep your virus software up to date
- Download recommended updates for your operating system
- Call your Internet service provider to see what security they offer
- If you are using wireless connections, make sure you set the security on the access point
- Check and double check before installing any free software
- Don't open email from unknown sources
- Click on TOOLS and select INTERNET OPTIONS
- Click on the PRIVACY tab and adjust the slider setting to LOW to block 3rd party cookies
- You can also go to CONTENT and block specific sites.