About Radnor Township School District
Founded in 1682, Radnor Township is located 13 miles west of Philadelphia, PA and has a population of approximately 32,000 as of 2018. Radnor Township School District is Radnor Township's only public school system, covering nearly 14 square miles, and has been recognized as one of the finest school districts in the state and nation. RTSD is home to Radnor High School, Radnor Middle School, Ithan Elementary School, Radnor Elementary School, and Wayne Elementary School.
Supported by a community that values an exceptional education, RTSD has a tradition of excellence, dating back to the establishment of Radnor High School in 1893, and offers a comprehensive educational and extracurricular program for nearly 3,600 students. The district is fully staffed by more than 300 highly qualified teachers, including classroom teachers, special education teachers and academic coaches, as well as reading specialists, librarians, nurses, counselors, administrators, psychologists, and other support specialists to provide a top-tier learning and growing environment for all students.
Mission, Vision and Values
- The mission of Radnor Township School District is to inspire in all students the love of learning and creating, and to empower them to discover and pursue their individual passions with knowledge, confidence, and caring to shape the future.
- Each student will demonstrate caring by enhancing community through ongoing choice and action.
- Each student will consistently demonstrate excitement and persistence by constructing knowledge and developing novel solutions.
- All students will demonstrate dedication to the pursuit of their passions.
- Respecting and valuing diversity is essential for communities to thrive.
- Lifelong learning is essential to creating a better life and world.
- Nurturing is critical for individual and community growth.
- Faith in one's potential fosters confidence which motivates effort and ultimately leads to accomplishment.
- All people have worth and the capacity to grow and learn.
- The most powerful learning results from meaningful active engagement.
- There is a direct connection between the pursuit of one's passion and the joy of learning.
Student and District Data Overview
2021-22 School Year (Most Recent Data)
View 2021-22 RTSD Report of District Data and Student Achievement (PDF; Released November 2022)
- Average SAT score for Radnor High School Class of 2022: 1293
- Average ACT score for RHS Class of 2022: 28.9
- Percent of Class of 2022 Who Graduated in 4 Years: 98.7%
- Number of different institutions of higher learning members of the RHS Class of 2022 were enrolled in at graduation: 129
- Number of Advanced Placement (AP) Courses at RHS for 2021-22 School Year: 28
- Total number of AP tests given in 2021-22 School Year: 1,175
- Percentage of AP Tests with Scores of 3 or Above in 2021-22 School Year: 63.6%
- Number of home countries of RTSD English Language Learners in 2021-22: 31
- Number of native languages of RTSD English Language Leaners in 2021-22: 33
- Number of students who participated in athletics at RHS in 2021-22: 943
- Number of students who participated in one of the RTSD 2021 Summer Learning Programs: 415