Enhanced Remote Public Comment Coming September 2022
Members of the Radnor community who are unable to attend a School Board or Committee meeting but still wish to share their thoughts with the Board during the meeting's public comment period will be able to offer a comment remotely in their own voice beginning September 2022.
The new, enhanced remote public comment method will accept submissions from individuals via a dedicated voicemail line that will open a few days prior to the meeting. Individuals who cannot attend a meeting in-person due to medical, religious, or individual circumstances can call the voicemail line to leave a message to be played at the meeting of their choice. This new method of collecting and delivering public comment will take the place of staff members reading submitted emails from community members during the public comment period of meetings.
The enhanced remote public comment method coming September 2022 will work as follows for individuals wishing to comment publicly at Board and/or Committee meetings:
- Call the RTSD Communications Department (phone number available September 2022)
- Follow the prompts to access the remote public comment voicemail
- Remote public comment voicemail is available after an agenda is posted on BoardDocs and until 12 p.m. of the meeting date
- Indicate the meeting for which public comment is being submitted
- Include name and area of residence per Board Policy 006
- Record comment
- Each comment must be no more than four minutes in length per Policy 006
- Voice comments will be played during Board and Committee meetings during the public comment period
- Board Meeting
- Public Comment
- School Board