Happy New Year & Welcome Back!
Dear Radnor Staff and Families,
Happy New Year! We are excited and ready to welcome our students and staff back on Monday, January 3 as planned. Covid rates continue to climb in our region and could lead to challenges based on limited substitute coverages and student absences. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has updated their guidance on isolation and quarantine period(s) for the general population (click here), and Radnor schools will follow the new guidance, which reduces isolation and quarantine periods. We continue to strive to keep our schools safely open, but we need everyone’s support.
To keep school fully open, we will continue to:
- Ask all students and staff to monitor symptoms daily
- Social distance students a minimum of 3 feet during the school day and 6 feet at lunch
- Require masking inside all district buildings
- Reinforce good hygiene practices, such as washing hands often
- Continue to implement a test-to-stay program
- Continue to offer voluntary rapid testing two days a week after school
- Pilot pool testing at the elementary level for those interested (starting with 5th grade)
- Quarantine based on new CDC guidance
I thank our teachers, staff, students, families, and School Board for their extraordinary efforts and commitment to our schools. I am optimistic this momentum will serve us well heading into 2022 and beyond.
I wish everyone a happy, and healthy New Year!
Kenneth E. BatchelorSuperintendent of Schools
- Mitigation Strategies