Skip To Main Content

Mobile Nav Container

Main Header Container

Landing Nav


504 Services

Radnor Township School District provides services for students who have disabilities that impact major life activities. Through accommodations to the learning environment students with handicapping conditions are able to access general education. A student who qualifies for services will receive services under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. 

Section 504 is a federal law designed to protect the rights of individuals with disabilities in programs and activities that receive Federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education (ED). Section 504 provides: "No otherwise qualified individual with a disability in the United States... shall, solely by reason of her or his disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance . . . ."

Some examples of conditions that may qualify a student for a  Section 504 Service Agreement include diabetes, epilepsy, disorders of attention, disorders of bowel function, and allergies. Other disabilities such as  low vision, poor hearing, heart disease or chronic illness may not be obvious, but if they substantially limit a major life function that impacts the ability to receive a appropriate education as defined by Section 504,  they may also be qualifying conditions for services. 

If you believe your child may be eligible for services, please contact your child's school counselor. The District will ask for your permission to conduct an evaluation to determine if your child has a qualifying disability, and the extent to which the disability impacts major life function. 

If your child is deemed to be a "protected handicapped child" you will be invited to a meeting to help develop a plan that describes the services that your child requires to access education. These services will be provided at no charge to  you. 

For additional information, please contact your child's school counselor.

Policy No. 113, Special EducationAR 113.4, Section 504 Compliance