Radnor Cyber Academy
In order to provide fully online cyber school program for our students and families, K-12 students can take online courses in our Radnor Cyber Academy (RCA) program.
Courses are offered through a partnership with the Chester County Intermediate Unit's "Brandywine Virtual Academy" (BVA). These courses are standards-aligned and facilitated by PA-certified instructors. RTSD will oversee the program, provide resources and supports for our online learners, monitor student success, and provide a direct point of contact for participating RTSD families. From core English, Math, Science, and Social Studies courses to a wide variety of elective courses, many of the BVA course options match Radnor offerings.
Students enrolling in the 6-12 Radnor Cyber Academy for the 2021-22 school year were asked to make course selections in early August.
RCA is a commitment. Any transitions between in-person attendance and cyber program attendance will be offered at the start and end of each quarter or trimester (based on level). Families enrolling must commit to a semester or greater of in the RCA program.
- Full time program
- PA Standards-aligned courses
- Select course offerings through Brandywine Virtual Academy
- District-provided laptop if needed
- Students will have opportunities to participate in school-based activities (school events) connected to their home school
- Any materials will be distributed through the home building
- Seniors will graduate with an RTSD diploma
- Students can transition between cyber and in-person at the end/start of each quarter
- Elementary program:
- Students are assigned a dedicated grade level teacher
- Grade level teacher provides synchronous morning meetings and content instruction 2-3 times per week
- Classroom of peer students across multiple districts provides unique diversity and experiences
- Radnor Cyber facilitator also connects RTSD students in additional synchronous meetings, progress monitoring, and supports as needed.