Radnor Cyber Academy
In order to provide fully online cyber school program for our students and families, K-12 students can take online courses in our Radnor Cyber Academy (RCA) program.
Courses are offered through a partnership with the Chester County Intermediate Unit's "Brandywine Virtual Academy" (BVA). These courses are standards-aligned and facilitated by PA-certified instructors. RTSD will oversee the program, provide resources and supports for our online learners, monitor student success, and provide a direct point of contact for participating RTSD families. From core English, Math, Science, and Social Studies courses to a wide variety of elective courses, many of the BVA course options match Radnor offerings.
RCA is a commitment. Any transitions between in-person attendance and cyber program attendance will be offered at the start and end of each quarter or trimester (based on level) except for the last quarter. Families enrolling must commit to a semester or greater of in the RCA program.
- Full time program
- PA Standards-aligned courses
- Select course offerings through Brandywine Virtual Academy
- District-provided laptop if needed
- Students will have opportunities to participate in school-based activities (school events) connected to their home school
- Any materials will be distributed through the home building
- Seniors will graduate with an RTSD diploma
- Students can transition between cyber and in-person at the end/start of each quarter
- Elementary program:
- Students are assigned a dedicated grade level teacher
- Grade level teacher provides synchronous morning meetings and content instruction 2-3 times per week
- Classroom of peer students across multiple districts provides unique diversity and experiences
- Radnor Cyber facilitator also connects RTSD students in additional synchronous meetings, progress monitoring, and supports as needed.