The Transportation Department serves students at the district's five schools and at the more than 60 other educational facilities in the area, including private schools within 10 miles of district boundaries and special education programs.
Transportation Department’s Vision
- Work and communicate with families, staff and students with respect and care
- Commit to excellence in the safe transport of students every day
- Provide safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation services
- Coordinate the routing of the district’s fleet
- Maintain the Operations Department fleet of vehicles
- Ensure our drivers are well-trained and remain safe and professional
- Maintain a fleet of 63 and provide preventive maintenance and repair service
Call the Transportation Department
"Here Comes the Bus" App
"Here Comes the Bus," a free mobile app supported by RTSD, allows for the real-time monitoring of the location of traveling district school buses from a smartphone, tablet or computer, meant to help students and parents/guardians get to the bus stop at the right time, every time. The RTSD School District Code is 28853.
School Bus Safety Tips
- Have your child at the stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time.
- Students should wait at least 10 feet back from the curb.
- Students should not approach the bus until it comes to a complete stop.
- Students should use the handrail when boarding and departing the bus.
- Students should take their seat quickly and remain seated during the ride.
- Students should not put any portion of their body out the bus windows.
- Students should not throw anything out of the bus window.
- Students should not eat or drink while on the bus.
- If students talk... they should talk quietly.
- Students should never walk in the Danger Zone - the 10 feet surrounding the bus. If they have to cross in front of the bus, they should be able to see the driver's face.
- Once off the bus, students should never run back to the bus, even if they've forgotten something.
- Students should remember to check traffic both ways before crossing.