Crossroads - Information and Selection Process for Fifth Grade Students and Parents
Crossroads - Information for Fifth Grade Students and Parents
Crossroads is a year-long program, combining the study of language arts, social studies, science around the theme of culture.
Crossroads Introductory Video for fifth graders and their parents.
Crossroads Lottery Form - complete this to inform RMS of your child's intention to enter the lottery or not. All fifth grade parents should complete this form.
Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions about Crossroads.
Click here to view a slideshow explaining a sample unit in Crossroads.
Sample Assessment and Rubric Forms
Click on the items below to get a better understanding of how Crossroads students are assessed.
- Sample Self Assessment Form (completed six times during the school year)
- Sample End-of-year Student Assessment
- Collaborative Work Skills Rubric (done with every group project)
- Oral Presentation Rubric (used with every group presentation)
The Crossroads Lottery
The 40 slots in the Crossroads program are filled through a lottery system. After students learn about the program, they decide if they want to enter the lottery by submitting an online form with their parents. Students and parents are informed via email if they are selected into the program. The timeline for this process is outlined below.
- Student and Parent Informational Videos: Students and parents will view a video introducing the program between the dates of April 26-April 30.
- Online Preliminary Interest ("Lottery") Forms: Forms must be completed and submitted by Friday May 7. The plan is to complete the lottery on Wednesday May 12 and to inform parents of selected students on or around Friday May 14.
- Post-Lottery Meeting: A post-lottery meeting for selected students and their parents (and first five alternates) will be held on Wedneday May 19 at 7pm, via Zoom.
- Accepting/Declining a Position in Crossroads: Students selected in the lottery must accept or decline their position by Friday May 28.