WHAT WE DID IN 2016-2017
We RAISED over $20,000 from:
- Pretzel Fridays: We provide a RES water bottle and pretzels for snack on Fridays to participating students ($9,700)
- Directory Advertising ($2,400)
- The Annual Book Fair (($5,100)
- The inaugural annual campaign ($4,400)
- Still to come: the 5/21 RES Smart Run (budgeted $7,000)
We pledged to DONATE approximately $28,500 to the school
- Annual gifts for all our teachers to spend in their classrooms ($6,600).
- Three teacher grants ($1,700).
- Improvements to our K-1 playground ($20,202)
We SPONSORED numerous Cultural Arts Programs
- Multicultural week where all students learned about Germany
- The Circus Residency, in which all students learn circus and performance skills and the fourth graders put on an assembly showcasing their skills.
- An All School assembly: Philly Improv!
- Science Joe visits for many classes
- Cultural Arts assemblies for K-3 grades
- A science fair for all grades
- New family welcome events and new Kindergarten play dates.
- Grade level socials
- Six Family Fun Nights, including Halloween Trunk or Treat, Family Dance Night, Movie Night, Bingo Night, Someone Special Bowling, and Someone Special Dance. Still to come: the Talent Show.
- Before and after school clubs, including language, hip hop, musical theatre, chess, reading, sports, robotics, and drawing.
- Staff appreciation events, including a dinner during conferences and a night out in April.
We REACHED out to our Community
- Sponsoring RES students who need assistance in attending Camp Canadensis or clubs ($1,200)
- MLK Day of Service: joint Radnor school effort to support multiple charities
- Thanksgiving Food Drive: provided numerous bags of food to families in need
- Winter Wonder Project: provided holiday gifts to approximately 1,000 children!
- RTSD and AIS Speaker Series: Rosalind Wiseman