RADNOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CELEBRATES AMERICAN EDUCATION
Thursday, November 14, 2019
9:15-11:00 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Dear Radnor Elementary Families
I would like to formally welcome you to join the Radnor Township School District and Radnor Elementary as we celebrate American Education Week, which will be held November 11th through 15th. American Education Week spotlights the importance of providing every child in America with a quality public education. Radnor Elementary School is fortunate to have such a wonderful number of support staff, teachers, and administrators who have dedicated their lives to provide the best academic, social, and emotional atmosphere for our students.
While our school employees have important roles, none of our success would be possible without the support of our parents, guardians, and other members of our school community who continue to provide us with invaluable support.
As part of our recognizing the important partnership between parents, guardians, and teachers, we will designate Thursday, November 14th as Parent Visitation Day at RES. On this day we will invite parents into the classroom for a hands-on experience of what the day is like for your child. Visitation times are 9:15-11:00 a.m. and 1:30-3:00 p.m.
Each classroom teacher has prepared a schedule for the day which will be sent home with our students no later Friday, November 8th.
In order to help our teachers carry out their instructional program in a non-disruptive environment, we ask you to honor the visitation guidelines. We want the instructional program delivered by our teachers to be as beneficial to the children as the visits will certainly be for our guests.
- Adhere to the scheduled hours of visitations. Please do not arrive early or leave later than the specified hours.
- For fire safety, parking is not permitted in front of the building. Visitor Parking; during business hours RES parking is only permitted in the RES lot and the alternative lot across the bridge. NO parking is permitted in Corporate lots on either side of Centennial Dr.
- Please make other arrangements for your preschool children. We would like to keep the school atmosphere as close to typical as possible during the visitation times. Young children generally need to move about and are not able to observe quietly.
- Enter the classroom quietly and sit in the area designated by the teacher.
- Refrain from engaging in conversations with other visitors. Talking becomes a major distraction to the students.
- Please do not engage the teacher in a conference about your child.
- Refrain from using any kind of camera to take pictures or videos of the class.
- Please turn off cell phones while visiting classrooms.
Based on the District’s Volunteer policy, those visiting classrooms during American Education Week are considered “Guests” and do not require clearances. However, “Guests” visiting during American Education Week will be required to have a “Visitor” badge created by our office Raptor System. The Raptor system requires a scan of your valid PA driver’s license or state ID.
In order to be proactive and avoid extended wait times on the day of the event, we are asking that you please notify the office by way of telephone or email to Mrs. Deb Daly (Debbie.Daly@rtsd.org ) if you plan to visit. If you are currently registered in our Raptor System, we can print a visitor badge in advance. If you have not had your license scanned previously, you can stop by our office prior to your visit and we will be able to print your badge ahead of time. Please register no later than Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Please note that if you attend, but do not provide your name in advance, there may be extended wait time in coming into the building and your child’s classroom.
Your cooperation and adherence to these guidelines will be greatly appreciated on our visitation day. We want to make your visit special while we keep disruptions to our instructional program to a minimum.
We look forward to seeing you during the American Education Week visit.
Anthony C. Stevenson