After-School Rapid Testing Begins Nov. 9 & 11, Details on Vax and Booster Clinics
Updated November 29, 2021; Updated November 11, 2021; Published November 7, 2021
After-School Rapid Testing Begins Nov. 9 and 11, QR Codes Needed for Individuals Getting Tested
Vaccine Clinics for 5-11 Year Olds Scheduled for Nov. 21 (First Dose) and Dec. 16 (Second Dose); Booster Clinics for Staff Nov. 19*
Radnor Township School District is ready to begin a new complimentary after-school rapid testing program for all interested RTSD K-12 students and staff members on Tuesday, November 9 at Radnor Middle School starting shortly after dismissal (3:10 p.m.) until 5:15 p.m. and on Thursday, November 11 at Ithan Elementary School starting shortly after dismissal (4 p.m.) through 5:15 p.m.
The after-school rapid testing events then will continue every Tuesday and Thursday thereafter through Dec. 21 (excluding Thanksgiving week). See the dates and testing locations here.
A QR Code is needed for each student and staff member who is getting a rapid test to allow our nurses to confirm the individual's identity.
- Click https://register.pennrapidtest.org/ (Note: The app is not compatible with Internet Explorer, but should work on most other web browsers)
- Follow instructions to create a personalized QR code
- Take a screenshot of the QR code and store it in your device or cut/paste the screenshot onto a Word document and print it out. Please take a screenshot/print out prior to testing. You may use this same code for all testing through Dec. 21.
- You may create as many personalized QR codes as you wish – each time you create a new one, you’ll enter your demographic data
Accessing the Testing Site
- All students and staff members are welcome shortly after dismissal at each school until 5:15 p.m.
- Students and staff from all schools and buildings can go to any test site to receive a rapid test
- RMS is located at 150 Louella Ave., Wayne (Cafeteria entrance by the bus loop)
- IES is located at 695 Clyde Rd., Bryn Mawr (Room 5 at the Main Entrance)
- Please remember to wear a mask
5-11 Vaccine Clinics and Staff Booster Clinics
The district thanks the hundreds of staff members and parents/guardians for completing surveys that provided us information on their intentions regarding vaccines for 5-11 year olds and booster shots.
- Vaccine Clinics for 5-11 Year-Olds (Nov. 21 and Dec. 16)
- The district will host vaccine clinics for 5 to 11 year old students on Sunday, November 21 (first dose, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.) and Thursday, Dec. 16 (second dose, 4:30-8 p.m.) for those families who have already confirmed thier interest in receiving the vaccine through a recent district survey
- The location of the clinics will be Radnor Elementary School (20 Matsonford Rd., Radnor)
- Families who have already expressed interest in receiving the vaccine for their 5-11 year old(s) should have already received an email to sign up for a time for both clinics
- Time slots will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis
- Booster Shot Clinics for Staff (Nov. 19)
- The district will host a booster shot clinic for interested staff members on Friday, Nov. 19
- The booster clinics will be held during the school/work day
- The booster clinics will be held at each school/building
- Staff who expressed interest in receiving a booster shot will be provided additional information directly on accessing a shot
If you have questions after reviewing this information, please reach out to Mr. Todd Stitzel, RTSD Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com. Thank you.
*NOTE: The dates for the 5-11 clinic were originally announced as Nov. 16, 17 and 18. Due to demand and related logistical needs, the three clinic dates were combined into one clinic to take place Sunday, November 21. All families that completed the recent 5-11 vaccine interest survey indicating they wish to receive the vaccine for their child(ren) were notified by email of this change. Staff was also notified of the adjustment to the booster clinic date.