RTSD Families Reminded to Follow Pennsylvania's Updated Travel Guidelines
Updated November 30, 2020; Published November 24, 2020
Families Reminded to Follow Pennsylvania's Travel Guidelines; Revised Guidelines Exempt Children 11 or Younger and All Travelers Out-of-State Less Than 24 Hours
Please note on November 25, Governor Wolf amended the PA travel restrictions as follows below. Thus, the revisions mean that our elementary students do not need to quarantine or get a Covid-19 test if they traveled out of state over the recent holiday. Click here for the full travel guidelines.
- If the traveler is 11-years-old or younger, they do not need to quarantine or get a Covid-19 test
- If the traveler is out of the state less than 24 hours, they do not need to quarantine or get a Covid-19 test
Dear RTSD Families,
- Anyone who visits from another state must have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the commonwealth.
- If someone cannot get a test or chooses not to, they must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvanians visiting other states are required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to their return to the commonwealth, or to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania. This does NOT apply to people who commute to and from another state for work or medical treatment.
- Negative COVID test results should be provided to the building nurse and/or attendance secretary in order for a student's return in hybrid.
- Click here to view the Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health for Mitigation Relating to Travel.
NOTE: This message was also emailed directly to all school families