Must Each Booster Club Elect/Designate a Treasurer?
Yes. The Treasurer is responsible for:
• Assisting with the creation and adoption of a budget for each school year (See an example template budget here)
• Communicating with the District’s Business Administrator or designee regarding accounting procedures on an as-needed basis
• Complying with any request by the District’s Business Administrator or designee to supply a financial report of the booster clubs
• Maintaining records of money raised during fundraising activities as well as expenditures of the Booster Club
• Providing a written financial report regarding the Booster Club’s income and expenditures through June 30 of each year to its District Administrative Liaison, who in turn will send it to the Business Administrator