How is device distribution being handled at RMS? (March 23)
The district has moved forward with plans to acquire additional technology to ensure all RTSD students have access to a device during the closure. The device roll out will start with RMS students the week of March 23. Each student will receive a Chromebook that he/she will be able to bring home and use to complete activities and assignments as prepared and posted by his/her teachers on Schoology.
Below are the distribution dates and times per RMS grade level. Please see a March 23 email from RMS principal Dave Wiedlich regarding the timeframe assigned to each student for device pick-up. Please do not arrive earlier then the time you are assigned.
6th-GRADE: Tuesday, March 24 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the bus loop of RMS (See below for pick-up instructions)
7th-GRADE: Thursday, March 26 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the bus loop of RMS (See below for pick-up instructions)
8th-GRADE: Friday, March 27 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the bus loop of RMS (See below for pick-up instructions)
1. The RMS Bus Loop is located between the back of the RTSD Administration Building (135 S. Wayne Ave.) and the back of RMS (150 Louella Ave). Enter on South Wayne Ave.
2. Prior to your arrival, we ask that you write legibly in large print on a piece of paper your child's first and last name, academic team, and your child’s school ID number.
3. As you arrive, please stay in your vehicle, and place the piece of paper with the aforementioned information into the passenger side window.
4. A school district employee will notify the distribution team, and your child’s Chromebook will be delivered to a pickup table on the sidewalk.
5. Once delivered, an employee will either pass the device through your passenger side vehicle window or ask that you please step out of your vehicle and pick up the device.
Thank you for your cooperation, patience, and support.