How do students participate in a BBB conference in Schoology? (April 3)
Click here for a five-minute video that provides an overview of the BigBlueButton (BBB) Conference tool in Schoology for students. Please note that some of the tools described in the video may or may not be used by each student's teacher.
Teachers have the option to use BBB in two ways: live lessons and office hours. The features described in the video may be turned on/off by a teacher in either of these scenarios.
Live Lessons will be recorded.
• Student video will be turned off.
• Student microphones will be turned off.
• Private chat will be turned off.
• Public chat will be turned on.
Office Hours will not be recorded.
• The teacher will be able to see you.
• You will be able to see your teacher.
• You will not be able to see your classmates.
• You will be able to talk with your teacher and classmates.
• You will be able to hear your classmates.
• If your teacher uses breakout rooms, you will be able to see your classmates.
• NOTE: If you mistakenly select “Listen Only” when you enter Office Hours, just click the headphone button at the bottom of your screen to leave the audio and rejoin it with the microphone.
• Chrome on the Surface Go or another Windows computer.
• iPad users must use Safari. Conference does not work in the Schoology App.
• Students with their own Mac can use Chrome or Safari.