What is "BigBlueButton (BBB)?" (Updated April 19)
BigBlueButton (BBB), also known as Schoology Conferences, enables real-time sharing of audio, video, and screen(s) to allow teachers to livestream with students in their classes. BBB is embedded in the Schoology Learning Management System in the section named Conferences. You can find Conferences in the gray navigation bar on the left side of the screen. BBB enables instructors to engage users with interactive chat (public and private), uploaded presentations (PowerPoint, PDF, etc.), whiteboard controls (text, drawing, etc.), multi-user whiteboard (everyone can write on the whiteboard), shared notes, emojis, polling, and breakout rooms.
Click here for a one-page explanation for how students will participate in a Schoology conference.
Need More Information?
- For those who prefer video instructions:
- For a one-minute video of how to join a conference, click here
- For a 5 minute overview of student tools, click here
Please note that not all of the tools described in the video will be available at all times and for all students.
- For those who prefer written instructions:
- Click here for sharing your webcam
- Clcik here for audio settings
- Click here for using emojis to tell the teacher how you are feeling
- Click here for writing on the whiteboard
- Click here for making the webcam pictures larger
- Click here for responding to polls
- Click here for joining a breakout room